Last Updated on Aug 26, 2022 by
Every employee who is registered at Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is by default enrolled on the Employee Pension Scheme (EPS). Under EPS, all members can claim for pension at 58 yrs of age after retirement. To withdraw the pension or avail pension benefits, EPF Form 10D must be filled out and submitted. In this article, read about the eligibility criteria to withdraw pension, the documents required and how to fill out EPF Form 10D.
Table of Contents
What is EPF Form 10D?
EPF Form 10D is used for pension withdrawal by eligible contributors of EPFO. The eligible member must fill out the required details and submit it to the EPFO. In the case of the contributor’s death, the nominee is eligible to fill out the form and claim for pension withdrawal.
The pension amount depends on the salary of the members and the year contributed to the scheme. Though the mandatory age for pension withdrawal is 58 yrs, called superannuation pension, members are eligible to apply for a pension after 50 yrs of age but at a discounted rate of 4% per year, called reduced pension.
Eligibility criteria for EPF Form 10D
The following members are eligible to file for Form 10D:
- EPF member of 58 yrs of age or 50 yrs of age (reduced pension)
- Spouse of the EPF member (in the case of death of the member)
- Nominee of the EPF member (in the case of death of the member)
Documents required for pension withdrawal
Along with duly filled form 10D, certain documents need to be attached to withdraw your pension from the EPF account.
- Descriptive role of pensioners along with their signature or thumb impression.
- Three passport-sized photographs of the member.
- If the member has a total or permanent disability, they must undergo a medical test conducted by the EPFO’s medical board. The documents provided by the medical board should be attached to Form 10D.
- The salary certificates and proofs of the member at the time of retirement should be attached.
How to fill out EPF Form 10D?
The EPF Form 10D consists of basic fields about the PF member, family and other details as follows:
- By whom the pension is claimed – Here, the applicant needs to mention who’s claiming the pension (member, widow/widower, major/orphan, guardian, dependent parent, nominee).
- Type of pension claimed – The applicant needs to mention the type of pension i.e., superannuation, reduced, disablement, widow and children’s, orphan, nominee or dependent pension.
- Member details – Fill in the basic details of the member like name, gender, marital status, date of birth, father/husband’s name
- EPF account details – Fill in the member’s account number, establishment code, RO(religion office) and office
- Name & address of the establishment in which the member was last employed.
- Date of leaving the service (dd/mm/yyyy) – Fill in the date of your last working day at your last organisation
- Reason for leaving the service
- Address for communication
8(a). In case of reduced pension (opted date for commencement of the pension) – Enter the date from when you want to get your pension. This is only for the reduced pension (below 58 yrs of age) applicants.
- Option for commutation of 1/3 of pension – If the member wants to withdraw 30% of the corpus amount as a lump sum and receive the rest of the amount as a monthly pension
- Option for return of capital: Tick ‘yes’ if you want to withdraw the entire pension amount
- Mention nominee for return of capital – give the details of the nominee who’ll be collecting the pension in the case of the member’s demise
- Particulars of the family – Enter the details of member’s family
- Date of the death of a member (if applicable)
- Details of bank accounts opened – give the member’s bank name, branch and postal address of the bank
- Detail of scheme certificate already in possession of the member, if any
- If the pension is being drawn under E.P.S, 1995 – give the PPO (Pension Payment Order) number and issuer’s details
- Documents enclosed – give the details of the documents provided along with the form
Once all the above details are filled in, the applicant must verify it and sign it. The EPF Form 10D has Section 2, which needs to be filled and signed by the last employer. The member should submit the duly filled form at the EPFO regional office.